De Jong to Rangers CONFIRMED: Skysports CONFIRMS that Rangers MOST sought after player is now sealed and…

Here’s a rewritten and expanded version of the article, extending the original information into a smooth, detailed, 1,000-word piece, structured for clarity and reader engagement:


Rangers Linked with Luuk de Jong, Weslley Patati, and Joe Aribo as Transfer Business Ramps Up

By [Your Name], July 7, 2025

With the Champions League qualifiers fast approaching, Rangers manager Russell Martin finds himself at the center of intense transfer speculation. After the club’s lackluster campaign last season, there’s mounting pressure to rebuild and challenge Celtic for domestic dominance—while also reestablishing Rangers as a credible European force.

This summer has already seen a flurry of activity at Ibrox, but the latest developments could add serious firepower to the squad. Reports have emerged linking Rangers with veteran Dutch striker Luuk de Jong, Brazilian winger Weslley Patati, and former fan-favorite Joe Aribo.

Each target brings something different to the table—and each move would signal clear intent from a club determined to return to the top.


Luuk de Jong: PSV Talks Confirmed Amid Rangers Interest

Veteran forward Luuk de Jong, currently with PSV Eindhoven, has emerged as a surprise transfer target for Rangers. The 34-year-old, who has played for clubs such as Barcelona, Sevilla, and Newcastle United, could bring a wealth of experience to the Scottish side.

Dutch reports had already suggested the towering striker would be “open” to a move to Glasgow, and now PSV boss Peter Bosz has confirmed that Rangers were part of the discussions he’s had with the player.

“He knows that I would really like to keep him,” Bosz said following PSV’s pre-season win over Union Saint-Gilloise. “I did talk to him about that on the phone. I don’t want to bombard him with messages or tire him. He knows what I think of him, and what the club thinks of him. So he knows how much we want to keep him.”

PSV have offered de Jong a contract extension, but the striker has yet to commit. With his deal entering its final stages, a new challenge might appeal—especially one that includes Champions League qualifiers and the opportunity to become a key figure in Russell Martin’s rebuild.

At 6’2”, de Jong offers a physical presence up front and would provide a different option to Rangers’ current attacking corps. His aerial dominance and hold-up play could be a perfect complement to Martin’s tactical setup.


Weslley Patati: Maccabi Tel Aviv Winger Attracts Rangers Attention

Rangers have also been credited with interest in Weslley Patati, a 21-year-old Brazilian winger currently lighting up the Israeli Premier League with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Reports in Israel claim Rangers are keeping close tabs on both Patati and his teammate Dor Turgeman, though competition for the duo’s signatures is fierce.

Clubs such as AZ Alkmaar and several in the UAE have already submitted bids of around €4 million (£3.5 million) for Patati, but Maccabi Tel Aviv are holding out for closer to €10 million (£8.6 million).

That valuation, however, may be difficult to realize. Speaking to 103FM, former Israeli international Eyal Berkovic urged the club to rethink their stance, warning that holding Patati against his will could backfire.

“Israel is a transitory place. If Patati receives an offer, Maccabi Tel Aviv has a big problem,” Berkovic said.
“No team will pay ten million euros, and then they are left with a sad player. They need to find a price that everyone will be happy with.

“Even if you double his wages, he will be sad. If I am Patati and Girona offer €5m, I go to Maccabi and say: don’t bother me. I stop smiling. I’m injured, I’m sick—I don’t care, I want to go. You bought him for €1m. You tripled your money. Say thank you and let him go.”

It remains to be seen whether Rangers would be willing to go toe-to-toe financially with La Liga clubs for Patati’s services. But the interest suggests Martin is eager to inject flair and youth into his wide options—especially if players like Vaclav Cerny or Tom Lawrence were to depart this summer.


Joe Aribo: A Potential Homecoming?

One of the more intriguing reports comes from TeamTalk, who claim that Joe Aribo—a player well known to Russell Martin from their time at Southampton—could be in line for a return to Ibrox.

Aribo, 28, joined Southampton from Rangers in 2022, but the move hasn’t lived up to expectations. He’s now experienced two relegations with the Saints, and with his contract entering its final year, the club are believed to be open to a cut-price sale.

His time in Glasgow was far more fruitful. Aribo became a fan favorite during his three-year spell with the Light Blues, contributing crucial goals and performances—including in their run to the Europa League final in 2022.

The Nigerian international’s versatility remains a major asset. He can play as a central midfielder, attacking midfielder, or even on the wing—making him an ideal addition for a squad that needs depth, dynamism, and leadership.

A reunion with Martin would also offer continuity. The manager knows exactly what Aribo brings on and off the pitch, and given his struggles for regular football at Southampton, a return to Rangers could revitalize his career.


A Busy Summer at Ibrox

These latest links follow a summer of already significant activity at Ibrox. Rangers have confirmed the signings of:

  • Max Aarons, from Norwich City, a major coup to strengthen the right flank.
  • Nasser Djiga, on loan from Wolves, giving Martin another strong defensive option.

And now, with moves being explored for a mix of experience (de Jong), potential (Patati), and familiarity (Aribo), it’s clear that the club’s recruitment strategy under the 49ers ownership is becoming more decisive and forward-thinking.

Russell Martin is being backed, and while the club won’t engage in reckless spending, there’s a clear willingness to invest in players who fit the tactical model and club culture.


Looking Ahead

The Rangers squad is still taking shape, but the direction of travel is clear. Martin wants players who can help Rangers dominate domestically, compete in Europe, and inspire the fanbase.

With the Champions League qualifiers starting in mid-July, there’s urgency to complete key deals. Rangers can’t afford a slow start this season—not after last year’s disappointments.

If deals for players like Luuk de Jong, Patati, and Aribo go through, Rangers fans will have good reason to believe that silverware is once again within reach. But in football, as ever, talk must soon turn into action.


Stay tuned for more updates as Rangers continue their busy transfer window ahead of a crucial season.


Let me know if you’d like a version tailored for publication (blog post, newsletter, etc.) or a more fan-oriented tone!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like